I made this rather delicious home made chicken curry with chicken thighs marinated in tandoori paste, Worcestershire and sriracha sauce, chopped garlic and onion then cooked in a sauce of almond milk, tomato paste and smoky paprika.
It is spicy hot, and according to my calculations, about 1000 Kj a serve.
(4 servings in this recipe).
- 4 chicken thighs cut into large pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- About 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp tandoori paste
- A squirt or two of sriracha sauce
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp smoky paprika
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the onion and garlic in in the tandoori and Worcestershire sauce for an hour or two
- Extract the chicken pieces with tongs and fry in hot oil for a few minutes
- then add the rest of the marinade, almond milk, paprika and tomato paste.
- Bring to a slow simmer and cook until the chicken is done right through.
- Serve with basmati and/or naan.