Why do online recipes start with like a two page intro about what was going on in the author’s life when they made the food?
I don’t care about your summer in Tuscany, tell me how to make mini cupcakes asshole.
Because it’s my fucking blog, dickbrain.
I haven’t been to Tuscany, but if I had I’d fuckin’ well tell you about it.
I don’t make mini cupcakes. But if I did, this is how I would do it:
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 175 g butter @ room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup sugar
- zest of one orange and one lemon
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs one by one while beating.
- Add vanilla and zest
- Add flour slowly while beating
- Spoon batter to half fill each paper cup
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180C.
- cool before icing
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter @ room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Food colouring(s) optional
- Beat ingredients until fluffy
- Spread on top of the cakes
Photo credit: Someone on the interweb.