This is a total cheat fusion dish made from jars of commercial sauce but it is delicious!
This is a non-cook’s dream to prepare and tastes very authentic. But authentic what? The Moroccan Harissa chilli sauce is very hot with a flavour of cumin This is one dish where naan but the brave deserve the fare.
- Charmain Solomon’s Butter Chicken Marinade
- 1 Tbsp (or more) of Malouf’s Spice Mezza Red Harissa
- A jar of any available Butter Chicken curry sauce
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 500g boneless chicken thighs or breast cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 100 ml cream
- In a plastic container mix the chicken pieces, onion and garlic with 1/3 jar of Butter Chicken marinade and 1 Tbsp of the Red Harissa Chilli Sauce.
- Leave to marinate at least overnight.
- In a hot pan, fry the marinated chicken and onion in butter until the meat begins to brown.
- Add the jar of Butter chicken sauce and bring to a simmer
- Simmer on low until the chicken is cooked
- stir in the cream and bring back to a simmer.
- Serve with naan and rice. Or just with naan.