Every vegetarian dish needs meat*.
Leave out step 4 if you don’t think so.
Most of this is optional except the rice.
- In a rice cooker cook Basmati rice with garlic, onion powder, and turmeric, using vegetable stock instead of water (or chicken stock if no one is watching).
- Leave it to cool, then refrigerate until required
- In an electric frypan or wok fry sliced onion, chopped garlic, cumin seed, cayenne and a few red chillies in Macadamia oil
- Add chopped bacon and thinly sliced Cabanossi – cook until the bacon is crisping
- Add julienned carrot and whatever sliced/diced vegetables you fancy or happen to have on hand. I was using up my frozen veges in anticipation of restocking soon (The green beans were a bit freezer-burnt).
- Stir-fry for a few minutes
- Add the rice, splash in a bit of fish sauce and stir it all up until it is all well heated through.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Serve with a generous sprinkling of Dukkah.
*Combination Fried Rice:
As above but with the addition of egg, marinated beef chicken and prawns.