Something nice to dunk in peanut sauce.
- 400 g minced beef, chicken or pork
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 medium leek finely shredded
- 1 small to medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp sambal or chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peanut oil
- Chop the onion and shred the leek very finely
- Mix well with the spices, salt coconut and breadcrumbs
- Stir in the beaten egg and then the mince and mix well. (The dough hook on the Kenwood does a good job).
- Chill the mixture for an hour or so, covered, in the refrigerator
- Roll a heaped teaspoon at a time into balls
- Fry in oil over medium heat until brown and cooked through
Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with coconut and serve on toothpicks to be dipped in a nice sauce, such as peanut sauce, mango chutney, plum sauce, or a dip made from Greek yoghurt, lime juice, chilli, garlic, chopped coriander and mint leaves.