Quick and easy fettuccine with a hint of outback lemon myrtle. Add the lemon myrtle at the end, so it does not lose its flavour.
- Fettuccine for four serves
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (I use bacon pieces – already chopped)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp lemon myrtle
- 125 ml thickened UHT cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Tasty or Colby cheese
- Black pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a dry pan until they release their bacon fat, darken and begin to crisp.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown
- Stir in the garlic powder and Italian herbs
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and cheeses
- Mix in the pasta, and the lemon myrtle then grind some black pepper over it.