This is a hot curry, and traditionally uses pork. However chicken or beef works well.
This recipe uses gravy beef and is cooked in the slow cooker.
- 400-500g gravy beef cut into largish cubes 2-3cm.
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. chilli
- 1 tsp. Garam masala
- Oil for frying
- Mix the spices, vinegar, garlic, minced onion and oil and add to the meat, stirring to ensure each piece is well coated.
- Cover, refrigerate and leave to marinate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Brown the sliced onion in hot oil and transfer to the slow cooker
- Add the bay leaves
- Brown the meat in batches and transfer to the slow cooker
- Cook until the meat is tender