My basic minced beef chilli recipe for nachos, tacos, whatever. The slow cooker is a perfect way to let the flavour develop unattended.
- 300g Minced beef
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- Minced or chopped garlic.
- 3 or 4 or more chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oreganum
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, or a piece of unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- cayenne or chipotle to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- oil for cooking
add the following for chilli con carne, or just if you want to:
- red kidney beans
- frozen corn kernels
- chopped capsicum
- canned chopped tomatoes
- chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- 1 Tbsp flour to thicken the mix if it is for filling tacos.
- Fry the onions, add the mince (flour) and spices
- Cook until browned and fragrant
- Transfer with the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, and cook.
- 4 hrs on low
- Add the coriander leaves before serving