Lyn’s Outback Corned Beef Fritters
In Lyn’s words, ” these are so simple but so fuckin good”.
She is right. The batter is light and fluffy, and crisp on the outside.
- Corned beef chopped to 2cm cubes
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- chopped parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup self raising flour
- a pinch of baking powder
- vegetable oil for frying.
- Whisk water and egg
- Add Flour and baking powder and mix to a thick pourable batter. Adjust if necessary by adding more flour or water, but do not overwork the batter. A few lumps are ok
- Stir in the meat and onion, corn and parsley.
- Shallow fry fritters in vegetable oil until golden brown both sides
Serve with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Trust me on this. It works. Especially good if you use my corned beef recipe.