Following the resounding success of my festive turkey stuffing, approved by 100% of all who tasted it, I have undertaken to continue my ginger zing odyssey by creating a festive meatloaf.
- 500 g lean steak mince
- 500 g pork sausage meat (squeezed from good pork sausages)
- 1 cup turkey breast cut into chunks
- 1 cup ham off the bone cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp each of sage, thyme, rosemary, cumin
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, mace and allspice
- 1 Tbsp each of chilli sauce and mushroom soy
- 1/4 cup each of pine nuts, pepitos and slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, slivered
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
Mix all ingredients very thoroughly, place in a greased loaf tin and bake at 170 deg. C fanbake for 40 minutes.
Update: the next day.
It is even nicer chilled and much easier to slice.