This is an Indonesian fusion adaption of my own. In my opinion it is best made with chicken thighs though I had only breast available when I made this.
- Two chicken breasts cut into large pieces, or four to six thighs.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- One can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or water + stock powder)
- 2 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp crushed or grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin whole cumin seed
- 2 or 3 chillies chopped or more to taste
- 2 tsp lemon grass paste
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter (or you can use peanut sauce)
- Brown the onion and chicken in hot peanut oil
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low to medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the gravy thick and creamy.
Delicious with rice and stir fried vegetables.