This is my vegetarian day version of a dish usually made with chicken and vegetables. Very quick, very simple, very tasty.
- 1 onion sliced into segments
- a bunch of bok choy, chopped
- A few slices of capsicum of assorted colours
- Peanut oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. Coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut sauce
- a tsp of lemongrass paste or a squirt of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- a dash or two of fish sauce
- chilli or sambal to taste.
- get the pan hot and stir fry the onion
- add the capsicum, spices and lemon(grass) – stir fry a little more.
- add the bok choy, coconut cream and peanut sauce
- turn off the heat and stir for half a minute or so
- serve as soon as the bok choy has wilted and warmed through
The bok choy should be crunchy and tender.
Other vegetables can be used, as desired or available. Brassicas are good.
This is a good quick meal, a vegetable accompaniment, or a part of a rijsttafel