Something different for my vegetarian days. Cooked in a rice cooker.
- 1 can black beans (420g), drained
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Garlic, crushed
- 1 or 2 chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 cups rice
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. vegetable stock powder
- 20g butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
- Tabasco Sauce
- Add the rice and butter to the rice cooker and top up to the appropriate mark with water
- Fry the onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add cumin, tomato, puree and chilli
- Stir-fry until fragrant
- Transfer to the rice cooker along with the paprika, stock and black beans
- Mix everything well with a wooden or plastic spoon
- Turn the rice cooker on
- When the rice is cooked, fluff it up with the wooden spoon, stir in the coriander and a few dashes of Tabasco before serving
Serve with lettuce or salsa on a tortilla or as an accompaniment.