This goes straight into my top five favourite soups*.
Lyn made this for Corey and me. It was so good I begged for the recipe.
Like me Lyn cooks without always quantifying the ingredients, and was not planning on writing this down, so the recipe is approximate.
Thanks for sharing Lyn. I hope I reported it correctly.
- 1 pack of frozen cauliflower florets (500g?)
- 1 medium leek
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- A couple of rashers of bacon
- 1 pot of real chicken stock concentrate
- Avocado oil
- Cut bacon up, fry the pieces in avocado oil and put aside
- Slice and fry the leek in the oil
- Put leek and cauliflower into a pot with just enough water to cover
- Add stock and seasoning and simmer until the cauliflower is tender
- Blend with a blender wand to a smooth thick paste
- Add the bacon
- Thin with milk and cream until the soup is creamy and of the consistency you prefer
- Reheat without boiling
Serve with croutons and a sprinkle of parsley
*Pea and Ham, Cream of Cauliflower, Leek and Potato, Mushroom, Pumpkin.
Crab and Sweetcorn got pushed out. Or maybe Tom Yum. Hard to put a definite order of preference. I may have to compile a top ten. I am already thinking of others: Mulligatawny, Seafood Chowder, Minestrone, oxtail…