- 1 can 4 bean mix
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 carrots julienned
- ½ each of red, yellow and green capsicums, diced
- 2 sticks celery diced (Solomon Islanders substitute snakebean)
- chopped parsley
- 2 slices pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (husked)
- 1 Tbsp.lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Best brand Mayonnaise (or coconut cream)
- A generous pinch of curry powder or cayenne
- ¼ tsp. smoky paprika
- Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate, covered, for a couple of hours to let the flavours mingle and develop.
This delicious combination can easily be enhanced or altered to taste by using other favourite salad ingredients, fresh herbs, mango, or by substituting dressings. If other beans or combinations are available, use them.
While in NZ last week I discovered coconut cream yoghurt. I think that would go well in this.