Bacon, lettuce,avocado,aioli and tomato sandwich. Aioli recipe below.
Just butter two slices of your favourite bread with avocado to which has been added a few drops of lime juice. Put sliced tomato on one side, lettuce on the other. Pepper the tomatoes and add aioli to the lettuce. Add the bacon and bring the two halves together.
Lemon Lime Aioli
This Aioli is something I have not made for a long time. It was a sort of an accident when I first made it, because I was trying to separate yolks from whites and had some rather stale eggs that were a bit watery and weak, and the yolks broke. I ended up with about half of the two egg whites staying in with the yolks. I left it in, and went ahead with the recipe. The mayonnaise came out fine so I now leave one egg white in. The lime is my own idea.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (have more on hand to add if you want)
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon/lime zest
- 2 teaspoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a shake or two of white pepper
- 1 cup virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Lots of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Blend the garlic, water, lime juice and zest to a smooth paste.
- Remove from the blender.
- Without cleaning the blender, add one egg and one egg yolk to the blender. Put the other egg white aside.
- Process 30-45 seconds and with the machine still running, add the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper, then very slowly pour in the olive oil a drip at a time at first and increasing slightly until the mixture is the consistency of mayonnaise .
- Add the garlic mixture and blend it in.
- Taste and add more lemon or lime juice, mustard, or salt as necessary.
It keeps quite well for a few weeks refrigerated in a sealed jar.