A great comfort food breakfast.
- 2 cups of cold mashed potato
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 tin John West canned kippers, drained. (substitute tuna, salmon, etc.).
- 1 generous tsp hot English mustard
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
- Mix ingredients
- take a generous tablespoon at a time and roll in breadcrumbs
- flatten to a patty or roll into a croquette and fry until golden and crisp on the outside
Makes four serves of three.
Lots of room for experimenting!