Roast lamb and potatoes need a better accompaniment than the usual frozen veges. Even people who hate Brussels should try this recipe. They are not the same as the soggy bitter balls of baby cabbage your mum overcooked.
- Olive oil
- 1 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 200g brussels sprouts, peeled and stemmed, with a cross cut into the stump. Halve them if they are large.
- A few cauliflower florets
- Toss the vegetables in a dollop of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- place on baking paper on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 220 C for about 20 minutes, turning them over occasionally, until the outer leaves begin to brown and crisp
- remove to a bowl and toss with the vinegar and honey
- they can be cooked along with my favourite roast potatoes
- And some pumpkin if you like.
Serve and enjoy.
If you really hate brussels so much you wont even consider trying this (and you should -trust me) then try it with cauliflower alone. It really is good.