On my second attempt to attend the Amateur Dramatic production, I made chicken and prawn balls to share. I had to ask a friend to come around and roll the balls for me, as I am one-handed.
They can be either fried or baked. Today I baked them so I sprayed them first with just a little oil.
Here is the recipe.
Chicken & Prawn Balls
Into a food processor put;
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- a cup of frozen prawns
- a bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- half a cup of breadcrumbs
- a tsp ground coriander
- a tsp of whole cumin seeds
- half a tsp galangal (opt)
- half a tsp amchur (opt)
- an egg
- a dash each of lime juice, fish sauce, bitters and Worcestershire sauce
(I would usually add chilli, but one of the guests is allergic. I would also add a couple of shallots, but I am out of them.)
- Pulse to mix to an even consistency, but not too much. The frozen prawns should still be lumpy
- roll into balls and then roll in breadcrumbs
- lay out on baking paper and spray with oil and bake at 180 C for about 15-20 minutes
- OR deep fry.
Insert a toothpick into each one, garnish with coriander leaves , and serve with a dipping sauce.
This recipe is inspired by Michelle C’s delicious chicken balls.