A simple dessert that is really tasty and can be healthy if you choose the right ingredients.
This is really popular at parties and is even requested at Shire morning teas.
Mine (This time):
- 500g free flow frozen raspberries*
- 1 Tblsp honey
- 1 Kg Greek Yoghurt (sweetened or unsweetened as you like)
- 250 ml of thickened cream or whipped cream
- 250 g packet of small marshmallows
- half cup of shredded coconut (toasted if you like)
- two Flake bars crumbled or a packet of Maltesers, chopped, or both.
- 125 g chopped nuts
- 50 g flaked almonds
Mix the ingredients well, reserving some chopped nuts, almonds and coconut to sprinkle on top.
Chill for an hour and enjoy.
* there are lots of possible substitutes. Canned mango, drained and chopped is good. You can also make a fruit salad from chopped mixed fresh fruit, or dried fruit.
Ambrosia three. As above with the addition of chopped dried apricot, chopped Turkish delight, cherries, grated white chocolate