Another recipe picked up long ago and far away.
This is a Dutch recipe learned from my first MIL. I believe it is based on an Indonesian dish of eggs, coriander leaves (cilantro) and chilli. I still intend some day to give that a go too. Whenever I have enough coriander leaves on hand, I never think of it.
I have never seen the recipe for this written down anywhere. I have Googled it with every keyword combination I can think of and come up with nothing like it.
Ingredients (per person)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- a good knob of butter (If you substitute margarine it will NOT be the same!)
- Salt and pepper
- Buttered toast
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, do not burn it.
- Add the parsley and fry over low to medium heat, stirring all the time, until all moisture is gone and the parsley begins to darken.
- Break the eggs into the pan and continue to stir until the egg is well cooked
- Salt and generously pepper
- Serve on toast