I adapted this from one I learned in Fiji. I have been meaning to try it as a samosa filling.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 250g of green beans, cut into 1cm long pieces
- 4 large potatoes, diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp of ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of whole cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 or 3 chillies seeded and chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp of garum masala
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- Lots of garlic – ground to paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tblsp chopped coriander leaves
- mix ginger and garlic
- Heat the ghee or oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion & cumin and sauté for 1 minute,
- Add the diced potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add salt, turmeric and chilli, and sauté for a further 2 minutes
- Stir in the ginger and garlic
- Add the beans and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste,
- Continue to stir until the potatoes are just cooked but a little firm
- Remove from the heat, taste and sprinkle with a little more salt if necessary.
- sprinkle with garum masala, chopped coriander leaves and lime juice
- Stand for 2 minutes before serving.