Cream of Broad Bean and Broccoli Soup
- Olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water and stock concentrate)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or apple cider)
- 1 small packet frozen broad beans(250g)
- 2 med heads broccoli
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- chopped garlic
- 1 med potato cut into small cubes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- cream or sour cream
Do it thus
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic
- Add the stock and vegetables and bring to the boil.
- Simmer about ten minutes.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend with the blender wand
- When serving, gently stir in a tablespoon or so of cream with a swirl in each bowl and sprinkle with a garnish of fresh chopped parsley
Serve with cheese croûtes:
- place a few slices of bread on baking paper on a baking tray
- drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven until golden brown on both sides.
- cover with grated cheese such as Gruyère , Swiss or Gouda
- back into the oven until the cheese melts and starts to brown
- cut into fingers