This was a kind of ‘gumbo” salad made for my own tea tonight from what I had on hand. It turned out surprisingly pleasant.
I would not be ashamed to take it to a party.
Pasta and Pistachio Salad with Blue Cheese and Basil Dressing;
- 2 cups Penne pasta cooked al dente and cooled
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 sticks celery cut into matchsticks and chopped quite fine
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 1 large clove garlic finely chopped with salt using a mezzaluna
- 40g tasty cheese cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- small bunch chopped Basil
- 1 heaped tablespoon creamy blue cheese mixed into three tablespoons Best brand mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon thickened cream
- Black pepper to taste
Combine ingredients, chill for a while and serve.
(Served with smoked salmon and warm bread rolls).