- 10 ounces fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Add fettuccine pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a large skillet melt the butter and add the chopped garlic.
Cook on low for about 5 minutes, stirring often, making sure not to burn the garlic.
3. Pour about a 1/4 cup of the heavy cream into a small bowl.
Add the egg yolk and beat together; put aside. Pour the remaining cream into the frying pan.
Increase the heat to medium-high. As the cream starts to boil, mix rapidly using a whisk.
Slowly add the cream/egg mixture. You do not want the egg to curdle.
Continue whisking until well blended.
4. Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and continue to mix the cream.
Pour in the remaining Parmesan and the parsley, mix until smooth.
Immediately remove from stove. Serve over cooked pasta.